The over 200 nonprofit communicators who responded to the recent Getting Attention e-news survey consistently pointed to these "greatest challenges" faced in their everyday work:
- Getting buy in (strategically, and in terms of resource allocation) from colleagues and leadership.
- Creating brand or name recognition to build and reinforce awareness.
- Lack of time and budget to do all that has to be done.
In addition, over 80% of survey respondents identified these topics as "important" or "critical" areas in which they need to strengthen their skills:
- Strategy (tied for top pick, identified as an "important or "critical" skill gap by 89% of readers).
- Message development and branding (the other top pick.)
- Website development and promotion.
- Evaluating success.
Lots of challenges and "need to know" topics but have faith, each and every one of the elements readers mentioned can be tackled with success. It’s just a matter of learning how…from peers, from training and from the Getting Attention blog and e-newsletter.
Click here to review the complete survey results.
Are you Getting Attention? Subscribe to our free e-newsletter today.