Here are some great (and simple) ways to boost giving:
- Fully integrate your Web site with fundraising and other communications campaigns.
- Over 40% of donors nationwide check out a Web site before deciding to give.
- Over 65% of current donors visit your site.(Source: AFP, Donors Increasingly Going Online before Giving, June 2005)
- In the retail universe, the receipt of a J.Crew catalog
frequently motivates an online order. Multiple communications channels
are a must as audiencesare on many channels each day. Reach them everywhere they are, and be consistent in messages and look and feel.
- Give donors choice in giving. Break out projects or categories of your work, and let them direct where their dollars go.
- DonorsChoose does a fantastic job of enabling donors to choose the teacher-submitted proposals that speak to them.
- Take a look at this list of current proposals fundable for $200 or less.
- This approach doesn’t have to be limited to online giving, but online selection tools certainly streamline the selection and admin process.
- Tell prospective donors how you’ll use their gift up front, and as a follow up.
- CARE does a great job of this right at the bottom of its homepage.
- Use online kids clubs and games to engage young audiences and their parents.
Thanks to Tim Oleary of McPherson Associates, Inc. for putting together a great presentation.
Are you Getting Attention? Subscribe to our free e-newsletter today.