I’m so pleased Corzine’s making a good recovery, and thrilled that he’s using his dramatic experience (and nothing plays better than drama) to persuade others on the necessity of seat belts.
Here’s how he makes a huge peer-to-peer, daredevil-to-daredevil impact with this PSA for the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration:
- Short but powerful
- Makes it real with
- Photos of the smashed suv he was riding in
- Description of how a ventilator had to breathe for him in 8 days
- Quantifies his injuries — lost half his blood, broke 15 bones in 18 places
- Attributes living through the injuries to a great team of doctors and many miracles
- Shares remorse, “I have to live with my mistake, but you don’t.”
Get the Getting Attention e-news? Subscribe now for key articles and case studies on nonprofit communications.