Enter here right now, while it’s on your mind. Deadline is July 31st. And please spread the word to your peers, grantees and other networks!
I received several great questions (thanks all) yesterday when I launched this year’s awards, and wanted to share the answers with you:
- We use two taglines, or we use three taglines (one for our org, and one for each main program) . Can I enter both/all of them?
- Yes, you can, each as a separate entry. If you enter a program tagline, add (program) at the end of it when you enter it in the form. You will have to have a colleague enter the second tagline, or clear your browser cookies, to enter a second tagline. BTW, I recommend against using two organizational taglines. It’s confusing!
- We haven’t launched out tagline formally yet, but still want to enter it. Is that ok?
- Yes, do it!
- What’s the timeline for the awards?
- Deadline for entry: July 31st
- Open poll for winners (among selected finalists) September
- Winners announced: October
- Release, fully-updated 2009 Nonprofit Tagline Report: December
- Who were last year’s winners?
- Here’s the list of last year’s winners. Great models if you’re working on your tagline now!
- What are the prizes?
- Winners get great recognition, lots of attention/publicity. But, the value of entering is best said by two of last year’s winners:
- “We were very pleased to have our tagline recognized by our colleagues in the industry. Our award has given the U.S. Fund
extra visibility for its marketing and brand work!“
–> Kim Pucci, Marketing Director, US Fund for UNICEF
- “We were thrilled to be selected as the tagline award winner in the Human Services category. We leveraged the award as we rolled out our new brand and kicked off the public phase of our $5M capital campaign. It was highlighted as an achievement in all of our capital campaign foundation grant requests and spotlighted in our agency newsletter and in the local media. And, the media buzz that this award created helped JFCS maximize its marketing efforts without the need for allocating additional dollars in this difficult economy.” Rose Chapman, LCSW, President/CEO of Jewish Family & Children’s Service of Sarasota-Manatee, Inc. (That’s Rose at top left!)
But most importantly, please enter your nonprofit or foundation tagline today.