Welcome back to guest blogger David Neff, of Lights.Action.Help., who’s going to guide you to nonprofit video success with possible cash prizes…
What’s the communications tool that’s going to make your nonprofit marketing campaign shine, online and off? Quick, what springs to mind?
Well I’m here to tell you that it should be video. If you are going to do one new thing in 2010 to move your org forward, it should be producing a video. And yes, as the creator and co-founder of my Lights. Camera. Help., I’m a little biased!
Lights. Camera. Help. is the first nonprofit focused on helping other nonprofits engage their bases and motivate them to act through film. We do this through our education programs, volunteer match programs, screenings and and our annual film festival. But I’m here today to share three tips to help you get your video up and running.
- Check out the Flip Spotlight program for nonprofit organizations–This great program let’s you buy two cameras for the price of one, and all you have to do is summarize why your organization deserves to be in the program.
- When you start to film. check out Creative Commons to find amazing work to build upon. Not everything you shoot needs to be video. Find some amazing photos and even music to mix in at no cost via Creative Commons.
- When you’re ready to launch the video, check out the amazing YouTube Non Profit program. Think about it: featuring your video on the #2 search engine in the world would is a great place to start. Just be sure to review the program’s rules and restrictions on the types of videos they accept.
In the meantime check out the Lights. Camera. Help. Film Festival for a little inspiration. Our 2010 submission process is now open. There is no cost to submit a film (long or short format) and there are cash prizes for the top feature film, short film and PSA.
So if you know of powerful nonprofit video and film, urge those folks (or yourself) to submit them today.
Here’s more guidance on creating high-impact video for your org:
- Nonprofit Video: 9 Steps to Nonprofit Marketing Success, Plus Our Mistakes to Avoid
- Impossible to Resist – MoveOn’s Latest “You’re In the News” Video
- Interactive Timeline Compelling Alternative to All-Video-All-the-Time (EDC Case Study)
P.S. Get more in-depth articles, case studies and guides to nonprofit marketing (and video) success — all featured in the twice-monthly Getting Attention e-update. Subscribe today.