I have some very intriguing opportunities to share with you this week. Thanks to all of you who have shared these listings.
Please post your nonprofit marketing position here for FT or PT staff, consulting or internship opportunities.
1) Email Marketing Manager, Center for American Progress, (Washington D.C.). Five stars for this job description which encourages prospects to subscribe to the organization’s email products to get a sense of the scope and strategy of its email marketing. Or should the right candidate know that herself, meaning that the Center is losing a great screening filter?
2) New Media Coal Fighter, CREDO Action, (San Franciso, CA). This is a fantastic challenge, putting the newest communications tools to work to heal a very old environmental breach. An interesting job for someone “flexible, geeky but a great communicator.”
3) Membership Social Media Internship, Environmental Defense Fund, (New York, NY) I don’t know the folks on EDF’s membership team personally but I hear they are terrific to work with, which means this paid internship will be a fantastic learning and networking opportunity.
4) Director of Communications, University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC), (Baltimore, MD) Nothing’s more challenging, but also compelling, than leading the marketing charge at a complex institution like this one. This role is perfect for someone who likes to identify the barriers to effective marketing and create systems to leap those hurdles.
5) Senior Development Manager, Social Accountability International (SAI), (New York, NY)
6) Director of Communications, Center for Reproductive Rights, (New York, NY) This organization gives marketing a seat at the leadership table, which bodes well for a satisfying next step for the right senior-level communicator. Strong media relations experience a must.
1) Marketing and Communications, Manager, DonorsChoose.org, (New York, NY), aiming to bring consumers and companies to the org’s “front door.”
2) Membership Manager, Slow Food USA, (Brooklyn, NY) – Foodie alert! SFU is seeking a an experienced, innovative, and visionary staffer to build membership and inspire members to increase and deepen their engagement. Key experience includes online and face-to-face organization and fundraising.
3) Communications Analyst, Initiative for a Competitive Inner City (ICIC), (Boston, MA) – ICIC is seeking a staffer with a few years experience to craft marketing plans for its research and small business programs, and develop online and print marketing products.
4) Publications Director, National Resources Defense Council (NRDC), (New York, NY) – This role leads a team to produce high-impact but accessible publications that communicate NRDC’s scientific findings, policy recommendations, development agenda, and other core messages.
5) Communications Professional, Burness Communications, (Bethesda, MD) – Andy Burness and team are consummate communications folks, and among the nicest and smartest people I know. It could only be a treat to work with the Burness team – job is for a mid-level communications expert.
Do ask me to post your open positions–for FT or PT staff, internships and/or consultants — for nonprofits, grantmakers and those firms that sell to and support those organizations! I’m glad to share them with the Getting Attention community. Submit your jobs via this form now!