There’s so much content around on storytelling, lots of its focused on why stories are so effective.
But there’s far less guidance on helping you know what your story possibilities are, and building your skills in shaping and sharing your stories. That’s what most of you said you wanted to know to become 5-star storytellers, and that’s the focus of this article.
- Our Founding: How your organization was created
- Our Focus: The core challenge you tackle
- Impact Stories: This most-told nonprofit story features the before and after—shows impact of your organization and supporters
- Our People: Donor, staff, volunteer, client/participant profiles
- Strength Stories: How your particular approach adds value to the services you provide, and moves your mission forward
- Our Future: The change you want to make in the world or what your work will lead to.
#1: The Typical Nonprofit Founding Story—
Is yours as deadly as this one? Because you have all the ingredients to make it far more effective.