Google is the world’s most popular search engine, fielding at least 8.5 billion searches per day. That’s 8.5 billion reasons nonprofits should take advantage of the Google Ad Grant program, which grants $10,000 to eligible organizations in the form of ad credits every month to host advertising campaigns on Google.
Ad campaigns require consistent upkeep, performance tracking, and compliance with Google’s official account requirements. That’s why we recommend working with a Google Grant agency. Professional Google Ad Grant agencies devote their time to researching the program’s compliance requirements, mastering the application process, proactively researching the best keywords, and making the most of each nonprofit’s grant money.
To help start your search and ensure you partner with the right agency, this guide will walk through:
- What Is A Google Grant Agency?
- What is Google Grant Management?
- The Benefits of Hiring a Professional For Google Grant Management
- How to Hire a Google Ad Grant Agency
- 10 Best Google Ad Grant Agencies
- Next Steps for Your Google Grant Strategy
Here at Getting Attention, we work alongside nonprofits to get their accounts approved and maximize their campaigns’ performance. As a Google Grant agency, we believe in the power that effective Google Grant management holds for nonprofits. Let’s get started so you can partner with the right Google Ad Grant manager.
What Is A Google Grant Agency?
A Google Grant agency is a business composed of experts that help nonprofits manage their Google Ads accounts. A professional agency will handle many aspects of Google Grant management, including:
- Eligibility confirmation: An agency’s experts know everything about the eligibility requirements your nonprofit must meet and can ensure you qualify for the program.
- Program applications: A Google Ad Grants professional can complete the application on behalf of your organization.
- Keyword research: Unlike general marketing agencies, Google Ad Grant professionals are experts in keyword research, helping you get your ads in front of the right audience with targeted keywords.
- Ad creation: When it comes to actual ad construction, Google Grant agencies can create ads using their keyword research to effectively drive conversions.
- Compliance with the program’s rules: A Grant manager will ensure your nonprofit meets the program’s extremely specific requirements and guidelines.
- Account reactivation if needed: Failing to comply with the program’s rules can result in account suspension. Should this happen, a Grant agency will work to reactivate your account as quickly as possible.
Overall, the professional’s goal is to help nonprofits build awareness for their cause and create high-converting campaigns that are meaningful to their work.
What is Google Grant Management?
Before speaking with or even researching specific agencies, you must understand the actual services that Google Grant management entails. That way, you can determine the areas in which you need help and confidently enter your conversations with agencies.
Google Grant Application
If you don’t already have your account set up, a Google Grant agency can help you get started by checking your eligibility and guiding you through the application process. These are the application requirements they can help with:
- Creating a Google for Nonprofits account: This account is necessary for Google Grants and also provides access to services like Google Workspace for Nonprofits and the YouTube Nonprofit Program.
- Registering with TechSoup.org: TechSoup provides a Validation Token that Google uses to verify your eligibility and confirm your Google for Nonprofits account. If you’ve never registered your organization with TechSoup, a Google Grants agency can help you sign up for an account.
- Installing Google Analytics on your website: Google Analytics is essential for not only your own data tracking purposes, but it’s also a requirement that all websites need prior to applying.
- Ensuring your website has valuable and promotable content: A Google Grant agency can assist in optimizing your web presence and online content. That way, your website will be ready to submit for review and remain eligible for the program.
- Holding current and valid charity status: If your organization is based in the United States, you’ll need a current 501(c)(3) status to receive the Google Grant. The right Google Ad Grant agency can make sure that your documents and registrations are all up to date.
- Obtaining a valid SSL certificate: You’ll need a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate to authenticate your website’s identity and enable an encrypted connection.
- Agreeing to Google Nonprofit Terms: To apply for a Google Grant, nonprofits need to agree and comply with Google’s Nonprofit Terms of Service. Google Grants agencies can walk through the terms and ensure that their clients know exactly what they’re signing up for.
If your nonprofit organization holds valid charity status and your website is well-developed and promotable, then you’ll most likely get the Google Grant. Work with a Google Grant agency to ensure that nothing slips through the cracks and that the application process goes smoothly.
Google Grant Account Management
Compared to other platforms, search ads have the highest return on investment (ROI) for nonprofits using paid advertising, meaning the impact of the Google Ad Grant goes far beyond simply being approved for the program. To help you make the most of your allotted $10,000 each month and strengthen your marketing campaign, a Google Grant agency will offer the following account management services:
- Create, maintain, and optimize ad campaigns: Ideally, a healthy Google Grant account has 3-5 ongoing campaigns to drive results. An expert will track these campaigns, report their performance, and refine your online content to continuously improve your ads. They can even provide reports with data from Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager so that you can get a sense of your goal progress in real-time.
- Maintain account hygiene: A Google Grant agency will carry out data hygiene best practices, eliminating outdated and unnecessary data hindering your work.
- Optimize online website content: As your Google Grants account matures, you’ll need to create or update content to serve your audience’s needs. A Google Grant agency will research keywords that are relevant to your mission and assist with any landing page relaunches or redesigns to drive online traffic and conversions.
- Consistently check up on your account: Working on your account is an ongoing process. A Google Ad Grant agency will consistently check in with your account and campaigns to ensure that they are doing all they can to promote your cause and increase target actions.
- Get your account reactivated and compliant: Managing a Google Ad Grants account can be confusing, and account suspensions do happen. If your account is suspended, partnering with a professional who knows the ins and outs of Google Grant compliance is your smartest option.
Managing your campaigns can be difficult, especially when you have other projects to juggle and events to plan for your organization. Your Google Ad Grant manager knows how to use it to drive conversions and see measurable results for your organization.
Google Grant Compliance
One of the most important roles of a Google Grant agency is to keep nonprofits’ accounts in compliance with the program’s guidelines. Google revisits and updates its policies from time to time, so the official compliance page will be your best bet if you want to check up on the rules.
Here are some of the most important requirements that a Google Ad Grant manager will handle for you:
- Keyword rules: To comply with Google’s Ad Grant guidelines, an agency will help your nonprofit avoid single-word and overly generic keywords that ignore the searcher’s intent. They’ll research and choose keywords with quality scores higher than two in accordance with Google’s requirements.
- Data regulations: A Google Grant manager will keep an eye on your click-through rate (CTR), which must be at least 5%, according to Google’s program rules. They’ll also set up conversion tracking, monitor your performance, and make adjustments to ensure you’re meeting the minimum of one conversion per month.
- Account structure guidelines: The right agency will make sure your account follows the right structure, which requires two ads per ad group and at least two ad groups per campaign. They’ll also ensure you have at least two sitelink ad extensions and respond to the annual program survey.
Bottom line: A Google Grant agency will keep your Ad Grant account in check and ensure that it’s fully compliant with all of the rules, even as Google updates them. Make sure the Google Ad Grant manager you partner with is able to support your needs as your account grows and evolves.
The Benefits of Hiring a Professional for Google Grant Management
Partnering with a professional will drastically enhance your Google Ad capabilities. Especially when you hire an agency that’s solely focused on Google Grants, you can rely on them to pick the best keywords for your cause and generate high-converting ads. Ultimately, they’ll empower you to get the absolute most out of your grant money and put your ads in front of likely prospects.
Here are some of the core benefits you should expect:
- Fast setup. An agency will not only handle the entire application process for the Ad Grant program but also will get your ads up and running as soon as your account is approved.
- Ongoing optimization. A Google Grant agency will have keen insight into campaign creation and maintenance. After your ads have been up and running for a while, these professionals will review the data, determine if any improvements can be made, and then implement those optimizations.
- Clear reporting. Even if you work with data on a daily basis, understanding your ad campaigns’ performance data can be tricky. A Google Ad Grant manager will interpret this data for you, making sure you understand what’s going well and what can be improved.
These professionals have in-depth knowledge of the program’s requirements, features, and tools, so you can spend all of your time focusing on other areas of your nonprofit. All in all, partnering with a Google Ad Grant agency can be incredibly beneficial, as long as you spend time choosing the right one for your team!
How to Hire a Google Ad Grant Agency
To unlock the benefits of a grant manager, hiring a knowledgeable Google Grant agency is essential. Start your search by following the three stages of the hiring process:
- Criteria search: Find an agency that meets your nonprofit’s preferred criteria, such as Google Ad Grant specialization and a fair pricing model. Explore the websites of different agencies to find out more about their services, case studies, and reviews.
- Consultation: Meet with prospective agencies to learn more about their services. Prepare a list of important questions ahead of time, such as inquiries about the agency’s communications, certifications, and willingness to help beyond their traditional offerings.
- Hiring: Narrow down your search to the top selection of potential agencies. Once you’ve made your choice, hire the agency that best fits your nonprofit’s needs!
Above all else, prioritize a Google Grant agency’s Ad Grant program knowledge, services, and professionalism. In turn, you’ll wind up with a professional who acts as an extension of your team.
10 Best Google Ad Grant Agencies
Whenever you outsource work to an agency, it’s important that you explore your options before signing a contract. That way, you’ll wind up with one that’s the best possible fit for your organization and needs. While you can certainly do the digging on your own, here are 10 Google Grant agencies that we’d recommend to kickstart your search.
1. Getting Attention | Best All-Around Google Grants Agency
Here at Getting Attention, we specialize in Google Ad Grants. Our team is made up of professionals who know what it takes to develop campaigns that drive real results for your cause—no matter if you’re just getting started or already have active campaigns.
We don’t just quickly review your account and offer some tips. Our team partners closely with yours to fully understand your mission, who your nonprofit serves, and how you can drive meaningful conversions.
Here’s how we can help you make the most of your grant money:
- Google Grant application. Don’t worry about forgetting something in your application. Our experts are here to manage every step to ensure that your account is reviewed and accepted!
- Google Grant hygiene. When it comes to your Google Grant account, data is everything. With our Google Grant agency’s help, you’ll never have to deal with duplicate or outdated data bogging down your processes.
- Keyword research. A big part of a healthy Google Ads account is determining what your users are searching for online. That’s why keyword research is one of our main skills. We’ll make sure your website content effectively serves your audience’s needs and inspires them to take action.
- Reporting and goal tracking. Tracking conversions and campaign performance is an ongoing process for Google Grant account holders. Not only can we assist in staying on top of reporting, but we can also pinpoint the most useful opportunities and goals for your nonprofit.
- Google Grant reactivation. We know that getting your Google Grant account suspended isn’t ideal. If your account was deactivated, we can help you get it up to code and make sure it stays that way.
Getting Started with Getting Attention
Our experts are fully committed to helping you develop inspiring ad campaigns. Plus, we aim to be fully transparent in our pricing, which is why we don’t charge any upfront fees and will help you manage your Google Ad Grants account for only $499 per month.
Get a free consultation, so we can chat about how we can help your nonprofit grow through powerful Google Ad Grant management. Don’t see a Google Grants service on our website that you need? We’re open to chatting about our experience in other areas to help you make the most of your campaigns!
2. DNL OmniMedia | Best Google Grants Agency for Nonprofit Technology
DNL OmniMedia is a well-known nonprofit technology consultant. While it’s not their sole purpose, their offerings also include Google Grant services. They’ll help you with the following:
- Keyword strategy development. They’ll help you target terms that are central to your mission and connect with likely prospects.
- Analytic management. They’ll create custom reports that make sense for your campaigns’ priorities.
- Website development. Powered by skilled developers, DNL OmniMedia can help you communicate your cause and drive conversions through your website.
Start by researching DNL OmniMedia’s other offerings to see how they can help optimize other areas of your nonprofit’s technology strategy!
3. RKD Digital | Best Google Ad Grant Agency for Digital Marketing
As the first full-service direct-response company to be added to the Google Grant Certified Professional Community, RKD Digital works with nonprofits to produce effective marketing strategies. They’ll help you reimagine what marketing looks like with Google Grants services, such as:
- Account activation. They’ll handle every part of the application process, from securing validation tokens to filling out relevant applications.
- Campaign and ad creation. RKD Digital will build high-level campaigns that follow Google’s required account structure. They’ll even write the ad copy for you!
- Holistic strategy development. They’ll help you determine how Google Ad Grants fit into your multichannel marketing strategy, so you can intertwine your efforts and achieve your conversion goals.
If this agency sounds like a good fit, check out their website to learn more about their approach to Google Ad Grant management. You can also dive into some of their other digital marketing services before contacting their team!
4. Allegiance Group | Best Google Grants Agency for Fundraising
Allegiance Group is a full-service firm that combines fundraising, marketing, and technology, so their nonprofit clients can inspire action and make an impact. They’ll help you harness the power of the Google Ad Grant with the following services:
- Ad creation. Allegiance Group will craft the copy for your Google Ad campaigns, monitor your ad campaigns, and make adjustments based on the metrics it generates.
- Form optimization. They’ll optimize your landing pages by developing custom forms and surveys that you can promote with Google Ads.
- Custom reporting. They’ll develop custom implementations of Google Analytics for your team, delivering insightful reports and granting you access to real-time dashboards. You’ll get critical metrics, data interpretations, and recommendations for your next campaign.
Explore Allegiance Group’s website to learn more about how they’ll enable you to intertwine your digital fundraising and marketing efforts through the Google Ad Grant.
5. WebFX | Best Google Grants Agency for NGOs
While their primary focus is on businesses, WebFX empowers NGOs to take advantage of Google Ad Grants and is even part of the Certified Partner Directory. As a leader in SEO, PPC, social, and web design services, they provide offerings like:
- Industry analysis. They’ll analyze the current SEO landscape of your industry to determine what content your prospects are searching for online.
- Ad copy and performance testing. They’ll handle the copywriting and monitor your campaigns’ performance to determine what drives users to engage with those ads.
- Google Analytics tracking. They’ll make sure you set up goal tracking in compliance with the program’s guidelines.
WebFX is backed by a team of experts to help you make the most of your SEO strategy. Take a look at their website to learn more about their digital marketing services to make sure they align with your nonprofit’s needs.
6. Digital Ninjas | Best Google Grants Agency for Advocacy Organizations
Digital Ninjas is a professional consulting firm that helps nonprofits drive greater fundraising and advocacy results through digital campaigns. Their services dedicated to Google Ad Grant management and organic search include:
- Google Analytics. These experts will measure the metrics that matter most to your organization within Google Analytics.
- Ad copy development. They’ll develop high-quality ads using your organization’s brand voice and goals.
- Account development. Once they’ve pinpointed the right keywords and gotten the ad copy approved, they’ll build out your account and make sure everything’s ready to go.
Check out their website to learn how Digital Ninjas can make your search engine marketing (SEM) endeavors a breeze.
7. Uprise Up | Best Google Grants Agencies for UK-Based Organizations
Located in the United Kingdom, Uprise Up is a data-driven digital media agency. As part of their relentless endeavor to further social good, they offer Google Ad Grant management services to nonprofits, including:
- Account testing. Uprise Up will run your account through its Ad Grant policy checker to make sure you’re always adhering to the rules. They’ll also continually test your campaigns’ results to make sure they’re driving qualified prospects to your site.
- Future-proofing. As a certified partner, Uprise Up is on top of the program’s requirements and will respond to any new algorithm changes as soon as they hear about them.
- Compliance. This agency uses automated scripts to continually check that your account adheres to the policies. If anything is flagged, they’ll make the necessary adjustments to your account.
As one of the few UK-based Google Grant agencies, Uprise Up is a great choice for UK organizations. Before reaching out, take a look at their website to learn more about their work.
8. Koios | Best Google Grants Agency for Libraries
With a sole focus on libraries, Koios empowers its clients to make their library’s resources more discoverable online. The agency helps libraries take advantage of the Google Ad Grant program through management services like:
- Google Grant application. Their team will set you up with TechSoup, Google for Nonprofits, and your Google Ads account. If Google turns down your application, they’ll follow the instructions provided to reapply.
- Ad optimization. Koios will monitor your campaigns and make sure you’re driving meaningful conversions. They even boast an average 12.8% CTR, which is well above the industry average of 3%.
- Catalog awareness. They’ll help expose catalog records through your ads that would otherwise be invisible to Google.
Koios offers a 60-day free trial, so you can see what it’s like working with their experts. Before reaching out, explore their website to learn more about what they can do for you.
9. INTK | Best Google Grants Agency for Cultural Organizations
INTK works exclusively with cultural organizations, such as museums and performing arts centers, to generate awareness through targeted ads on relevant search results pages. Here are some of the core services they offer:
- Google Grant application. INTK has a 99% success rate with Google Grant applications. On the off chance that your account isn’t approved, they’ll take the appropriate steps to ensure it is.
- Campaign creation and maintenance. They’ll help you get your campaigns up and running. Then, they’ll perform monthly maintenance to ensure everything’s in line.
- Website design. While separate from their Google Ad Grant management services, INTK also offers web design and development. They’ll create a website unique to your industry so you can develop valuable content to promote through your Google Ads.
INTK is certified by Google and has direct access to the Google Ad Grants team, which means they’re in the loop with the latest changes in the program’s compliance requirements. Take a look at their website to learn more about their approach.
10. Platypus Digital | Best Google Grants Agency for Multichannel Strategies
Platypus Digital is a leading digital marketing agency for charities. With expert Google Ad Grant management, they’ll help you increase brand awareness and connect with motivated supporters through services like:
- Compliance audit. They’ll analyze your account and walk you through the exact changes you need to make to be in line with Google’s requirements.
- Up-to-date reporting. They’ll report your performance through Google Data Studio dashboards. They’ll also send you regular emails and scheduled reporting calls where they walk you through the results.
- Multichannel strategy development. They’ll also manage paid Google Ads and GrantsPro accounts. Plus, they’ll run search, display, YouTube, and shopping ads.
If you think Platypus Digital would be a good fit for your organization, explore their website to learn more about their Google Grant services.
Next Steps for Your Google Grant Strategy
When it comes to starting your nonprofit’s online marketing on the right foot, the Google Ad Grant is your answer. However, applying for and maintaining your account is no walk in the park. Turning to a professional Google Grant agency, like Getting Attention, is your best bet.
While we shared several recommendations, Getting Attention is the only full-service agency that focuses solely on Google Ad Grants. We’ll handle every aspect of your account, starting with eligibility confirmation through ongoing maintenance. In no time, you’ll start driving more conversions, connecting with more prospects, and generating great results for your cause!
Are you interested in learning more about Google Ad Grants or marketing your mission effectively? Explore these great additional resources:
- Google Ad Grants for Nonprofits: The Complete Guide. Curious about all the good that Google Ad Grants can do for your organization? Check out our complete guide where we cover everything from eligibility requirements to insider tips.
- The Complete Guide to Nonprofit Marketing. Google Grants are just one part of a holistic marketing strategy. Learn more about the different components in this complete guide.
- Hiring a Google Grants Agency: A Guide and 5 Expert Agencies. Want to learn more about outsourcing grant management to an expert? Take a look at Double the Donation’s complete guide and recommendations!